Monday 20 June 2016

Warming Spring Greens Soup with Paprika

It's the 20th June and I'm wearing a fleece.

It's not as cold outside as it looks, but I've got a sore throat, feel like I'm going down with something, and I've got a surfeit of spring greens.  I need soup.  Spring green soup.

This soup is loosely based on a Portuguese Kale & Potato Soup, Caldo Verde.

Serves 4 (makes 1.5l)

1 medium onion, peeled & roughly chopped
1 large clove of garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
1/2 a head of spring greens, roughly chopped (or cabbage)
1 medium potato, roughly chopped
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 tsp smoked paprika
1l recently boiled water

Place all the ingredients in a deep lidded saucepan.  Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.  Liquidise and tuck in!

No comments:

Post a Comment