Tuesday 9 September 2014

Roast Chicken Stir Fry


With a leftover chicken leg and the carcass, I had intended to repeat one of my earlier Chinese stir fry recipes but my eldest daughter was engrossed on an app on my phone. I did have a quick look at my previous recipes on my pc and pulled the most commonly used Chinese ingredients out of the cupboard and fridge and kind of made up as I went along. The kids loved it and are asking for it again so I best write down what I can remember that I did!

Serves 4

2 large handfuls of shredded chicken from the carcass
2 large carrots, grated
10 runner beans, finely sliced
1 large or 2 small place of garlic crushed
Small knob ginger, finely chopped
Leftover gravy if any
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2-4 tbsp Sherry or white wine
4 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbps tomato ketchup (I used the remaining pickling sauce from my Sweet Runner Bean Pickle)

In a large wok stir fry the onion and garlic in the sunflower oil. Add the green beans and carrots and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the shredded chicken and stir around again for another few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, adding any left over gravy last. You may need to add a little more sherry/wine/water if the stir fry is quite dry. I was aiming for a kind of sloppy chop suey consistency as I served this tossed through noodles for the children.

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment