Monday 7 October 2013

Takeaway Curry Leftovers Curried Tomato Soup

Browsing through curry recipes for my Curry Night I often come across curried tomato soup. Usually I ignore these as my curry buyers for  Sun Hill Curry Night want curry, and my soup buyers at the Alresford Country Market want more traditional British soups.

But today, as I'm feeling under the weather and have some leftover curry from our takeaway from last night, I want a quick and simple soup.

With the small amount I had left (sauce from lamb curry, some Bindi Bhaji, and half a portion of pilau rice), I added one finely chopped small onion and 1 garlic clove.  Fried these in a saucepan until they started to brown then added a can of chopped tomatoes, the curry leftovers including the rice and half a can of water.  any meat and add this too.

Simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on then taste, making sure it doesn't catch on the bottom.  If it does, add some boiled water.  If you didn't have much curry sauce left over you may need to add a stock cube to give more depth of flavour.

 I've liquidised it today but I considered leaving it chunky.  I stirred in some leftover yoghurt sauce from a grilled chicken starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment