Wednesday 4 September 2013

Riverford's Padron Peppers

I was thrilled to see padron peppers listed in one of Riverford's veg boxes last week.  I've only had these a couple of times about 10 years ago, in an office workers tapas bar in Barcelona and a labourers cafe in Palma de Mallorca.  And as a fan of salty savoury dishes I simply love them.

As instructed by Riverford these were flash fried in oil until blistered and sprinkled with coarse sea salt.  They were cooked in loads of hot olive oil when cooked in front of us in Palma, but we were quite a lot more sparing with our oil - and used a wok.

The green ones were mild and moreish. I managed one red round one, and only one bite of the red pointy one!  My top tip - save yourself some green ones to cool your mouth down after the fiery red ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment