Tuesday 30 July 2013

Hard Boiled Picnic Eggs

I'm not a fan of eggs full stop.  But I am getting bored of making sandwiches for a run of picnics.  So, as we drive to the South of France in a few days I thought I'd hard boil some leftover eggs for the kids to have for lunch at Princess' belated End of Term picnic at her Special School.

I am used to cooking soft boiled eggs for the kids, but I had to look up how to cook them hard enough for a picnic.  I had 10 minutes in my head which turned up to kind of right.

This is what I ended up doing:-

Place the eggs in single layer in a pan and just cover with cold water.  Bring to the boil.  As soon as the water starts to boil put the lid on the pan, remove from the heat, and leave for 10 minutes.  When 10 minutes is up, pour off the hot water.  Fill the pan up with cold water and leave for another 5 minutes until the eggs are cool enough to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment