Tuesday 15 November 2011

Banana & Oats Breakfast Smoothie

After a 3 week holiday in France, and finishing off the children's calorific food, the weight has started to sneak up. So, together with towing the kids around in a bike trailer, I am trying to eat healthier.

I usually don't get round to breakfast, as I am spoon feeding 8 year old Princess, and running around after the younger two. And I find traditional breakfasts rather dull. But smoothies seem just the ticket.

This banana smoothie recipe is loosely based on a banana lassi recipe I came across years ago. The lemon juice and cardamon are optional, as is the honey to be honest.

1/2 cup or mug breakfast oats
1 cup or mug milk (I'm using rice milk right now)
1 banana, peeled
1 tsp honey
juice of half a lemon
seeds from one cardamon pod

Blitz until smooth. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment